Tuesday 3 August 2010

On Its Way!

Well earlier today I checked on the progress of my Dell XT2 (ordered on the 29th July 2010) to find it's been shipped for delivery on the 5th August! This is despite an original estimated delivery date of 17th August, so I am extremely impressed with Dells service so far.

Now that my Tablet PC is on its way, I've begun to think about how I'm going to use all my technology to improve my second year at university. I'm also lucky to own an iPad, iPhone 4, HP TouchSmart Desktop PC and MacBook Air so I plan to use all these to organize myself this coming year.

I've started by making a list of ways I can use this technology, and although we all have different needs at college or university, I hope that the techniques I'll be discussing over the coming weeks will be of use.

Here are some of the things I'll be discussing shortly

  • Microsoft Office, particulary OneNote and Outlook
  • Synchronizing between different technology
  • Organising desktops, folders and the like
  • Using various education software such as flash card applications
  • eBooks
  • Applications aimed at my areas of study (Economics, Accounting and Finance)
If there are any other things you think I should write about, please contact me.

3 comments:

  1. I think Evernote will do an excellent job on syncing all your files between the different devices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for your suggestion about Evernote. I have just downloaded it and tried it for half an hour, and although it does sync well with my devices it does not have some of the features of onenote ill be using such as the math and graph features.

    All the best,

    The Paperless Student

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Synchronizing between different technology" This is a great topic. Particulary for those students (like you) that use several computers. To synch data between all our machines could be a real pain!

    ReplyDelete